RE: another wedding session

I'm not a pro and I usually have all the time in the world to take my shots so my take on this is a little different. There are times when I wish I had AF and auto exposure but that only happens when taking snapshots. I don't think I would want to trust my more serious shots to the camera's computer. If I was taking concert shots in a room that was too dark to focus correctly, I would start reading up on how pros used to do it back in the days when computers didn't take photos for you and learn how to do it yourself so that when your AF wonder craps out you'll be able to carry on.

I don't know the exact situation under which you shoot Kostas but it seems that if you got to the concert location before the concert began and while the room lights were on, you could focus where the performer is going to be and then stay put. I can see if you were shooting a rock concert where nobody but the drummer is stationary then you'd have problems but if you're shooting a jazz guitarist then you should be ok. As for exposure well you're going to have to use up a roll just bracketing.

Greg Fraser
http://users.imag.net/lon2251/Gallery