Re: another wedding session

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer <ernstphoto@msn.com> writes:

> Kostas,  To show some manners to the professional covering the
> wedding, you just might want to ask his permission before you start
> banging away with your camera.  I know that if you came to one of my
> weddings and started shooting your B&W photographs you just might end
> up being the photographer as I would be heading home with money in my
> pocket.  I know this sounds harsh, but lets get real.  It's just
> amazing how many folks seem to think it's ok to shoot over my
> shoulders just because they have a camera in their hands and they
> think they know what their doing.  I generally offer a kind comment to
> all that while I'm working, no other photographers may.  If they
> continue, I just sit down for awhile and the Bride & Groom receive the
> message.  Of course I talk with them about this situation well before
> hand and it's in my contract.

I see why you'd want to not be jostling elbows while doing the formal
shots, portraits and groups and things.  But I'm used to a
considerable part of the professional wedding photographer's job being
candid shots, and I don't think you can very well insist on
exclusivity there!
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net