Re:Rokunar filters

>hi all (again)

This side of the fence / Clenched teeth Kostas writes --

>while searching for 67mm filters for my Makinon zoom, i had a look  >ta a  really old photo store, and i found a series of 67, 72 & 77mm >filters  stacked in its basement. They are the Rokunar brand (if i get >the name  right) with a forgotten price (about 2/3 of the Cokin ones). >there were also  some old ones in a green and white carton box, with >no brand visibly  mentioned.
>so how good are the Rokunars,

  The ROkunars are perfect for a Makinon zoom. Prbably uncoated,
so you may pick up a little extra flare. Um...are you sure you NEED
a filter ? Later when you start getting OEM (Nikon/Canon/Minolta)
lenses, you will want to upgrade from Rokunars.

> and what brand could the other ones be, and  how good? does it >worth the money to go there again and make a lifetime's  supply?

  The others are almost certainly generic crap. Don't do it.....

   --- Luis