Re: using larger size filters

kostas papakotas <kostaspapakotas@hotmail.com> writes:

> i'm currently using adaptor rings to use my 67mm filters to even a lense as
> small as 48mm...the question left off my previous post is:
>
> is there any drawbacks and shotcomings in this practice? (like flaring and
> lower image quality?)

Yes. 67mm filters cost a lot more than 48mm filters!

It beggars belief that as a photon passes through a sheet of glass it
can look(*??) around, and check the size of the glass, so I would think
all problems are bound to be practical things like price and
awkwardness.

* What would photons see with, anyway?

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3