using larger size filters

i'm currently using adaptor rings to use my 67mm filters to even a lense as
small as 48mm...the question left off my previous post is:

is there any drawbacks and shotcomings in this practice? (like flaring and
lower image quality?)

i know many of you would suggest using rectangular Cokin filter sets, but i
find that system highly impractical for my kind of photography, and i do not
think many of us could afford dedicated glass filters for any lense filter
size.

so what do you think?         kostas

so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the
other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography/home.htm
'COS SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER WITH CLENCHED TEETH!