Re:using larger size filters

>i'm currently using adaptor rings to use my 67mm filters to even a >lense as  small as 48mm...the question left off my previous post is:
>
>is there any drawbacks and shotcomings in this practice? (like flaring >and  lower image quality?)

  Not much more than using the right size filter.

>i know many of you would suggest using rectangulr Cokin filter sets, >but i  find that system highly impractical for my kind of photography, >and i do not  think many of us could afford dedicated glass filters for >any lense filter  size.

   I suppose it depends on how many  filter sizes you have.

>so what do you think?

  Oh, I bit the bullet, and have the right filter sizes. OTOH, when
you stay with manufacturer's lenses, there's less sizes to worry
about. Don't forget the right SHADE for the focal length.

   --- Luis

=============================================== so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the  other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography/home.htm 'COS SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER WITH CLENCHED TEETH!