Re: Altered cameras for outter space

Depends on what you mean by space.   If they are literally going to be used
outside of the space capsule, then they must be able to handle the rigours
of being in a vacuum, and be subjected to extreme temperature variations.
In the shade, the camera will easily fall to deep freezing temperatures,
while in the direct sun will get extremely hot.  Normal lubricants probably
won't hold up to this abuse.

Also, if the astronauts will be handling the camera while wearing
cumbersome gloves, then the camera must be equiped with focusing rings,
aperture scales etc. that can easily be manipulated with these gloves.  It
may be impossible for the astronaut to use a conventional viewfinder while
wearing a space suit, so alternate framing devices and focus aids must be
devised.  I am sure there are many other factors that I haven't thought of,
but I think you get the "picture".

Dan C.