Re: AT 2003

At 11:22 AM 7/15/02 +0800, you wrote:

>I'd be curious to hear how you get on with a digital on your trip and
>whether it is or is
>not a viable way to take pictures while camping/touring (in your opinion)..
>
>thanks
>
>karl

I just got back from a month in Honduras where I carried digital cameras
along with my Leicas.  I took a small Quantum battery pack and a Digital
Album by Nixvue that holds 20 GB of photo files.  I had no problems with
any of the electronic equipment.  My digital cameras are the Leica Digilux
1 and the Panasonic Lumix.  They are small, light rangefinder type cameras
with rechargeable lithium ion batteries.  I carried everything in a Tamrac
backpack and, since the tiny digital cards took the place of several
hundred rolls of film, it was actually lighter than usual.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

images available from: