RE: AT 2003

Greetings Bill,

I have worked out the carrying capacity and the shooting conditions will

not be new to me.
Although, I normally would be using a Bronica
and not packing the next 20 meals in the camera case!

A 24 mm seems like a great way to go on the film camera, I hadn't
considered
a wider lens.
That also cuts down on the weight--thanks for the idea!  (I
was stuck on thinking about longer lenses).

What do you think about taking an inexpensive older med. format with
a fixed lens instead of the 35 mm?

I will be taking a digital to email the
files from various stops.  The thru hiker will also carry a digital to
cover his
 journey.

Have hiked small portions of this trail, mainly in the National
Parks/Forests, only day hikes.

As of now we have a team with maps.  I am reading a few books to
get a feel for the areas I haven't explored.  When the time comes to do
this hike, I have to rely
on myself and the thru-hiker  (a former or I guess always!! Eagle
Scout).
The two of us are committed to go, the others may back out for one
reason or another.
Since my part is just a few sections to get the shots, I  can choose
these sections
and avoid any really troubled areas.

Sorry to hear about the assault.  I hope the couple recovered and
eventually went camping again.

I have heard quite a bit about nasty guarding dogs on the trail
protecting their turf, so will carry pepper spray.

Any thoughts from PFer's welcome.
Thanks!
Bobbie