Re: AT 2003

Bobbie,

I hope you are going with at least two people other than the hiker--especially if he/she is not
intimately familiar with the section of the trail where you'll be hiking.  Parts of the trail in NC
are very dangerous.  Do not carry any obviously valuable equipment.  I'm serious.  I went to high
school and college in NC and spent a lot of time in the mountains.  Three years ago a friend of
ours' son and his girl friend were assaulted while camping on the trail in a marked camping area.
As far as camera equipment is concerned, I usually carry a 35mm with flash, monopod, and 24mm and
105mm lenses.  I also carry a small digital these days. You might consider taking a friend out for a
day hike in the woods to test your carrying capacity and simulate ptential extreme shooting
conditions.

Good luck,

Bill