Re: Read the NY Times Article.....Was ...Do the....

Em writes:
> I receive 65-90 pieces of spam every day.  My ISP filters it out so I
> can actually see the count and salvage the 1-3 real pieces of mail
> from among the spam.  The spam comes predominantly from yahoo,
> secondarily from servers in Korea and Roumania, according to the
> addresses.

you may have missed the post from another PF member some time back Emily
which pointed out the changes to yahoo's policy.. read on!

Yahoo Groups has recently made some changes to their servers and to their
privacy policy. As the DEFAULT, they now have arranged it so that yahoo
groups members will receive SPAM. To change these setting, follow these
instructions:

Yahoo has revised its privacy policy. Your former preferences have now been
changed. You will need to reset them. Here's how.  After logging in to
Yahoo,
click the tab at the top of the page that says "Account Info." Enter your
password. When that page opens, scroll to just under your listed email
addresses. Then click on "Edit Marketing Preferences" in the "member
Information"
section, just below "Alternate Email 1"

When that page opens, you'll see that Yahoo has set each option to YES
(please
send me spam). You'll need to click on each and every option to change it
NO. Near the bottom of the page, be sure to check NO about phone and postal
delivery of advertising then click "Save changes."

maybe this'll slow down the spam for you

karl