Re: Homage to Eggleston

I feel likewise, any time anybody wants to talk about Eggleston, I'm game.

I had another thought this morning actually. Eggleston seems to be
someone that a lot of people complain that they don't get. I
understand that his big show at MOMA in the seventies was rather
controversial. I understand that sort of feeling. As I've said there
are big ways in which I don't get his work. What I realized this
morning that his pictures, get me, quite viscerally.

I found the exchange about the picture interesting, too. This is the
first time that I can think of that I took a picture more or less
specifically to explore my perceptions of another photographer's
work. I definitely found it valuable and sharing it with others on
the list was especially helpful.

Speaking generally, posting links in email and inviting discussion
can be a great tool for stimulating discussion here. Being able to
see what you are talking about, in an essentially visual subject is a
wonderful tool. I think it helps to establish a context when you are
posting, also. Asking questions or explaining what you were trying to
do seems to help establish a basis and help center the discussion.

Very stimulating!