Re:Re: Homage to Eggleston

[I'll see if I can distract him by talking about a Southern  photographer, folks!]

Ahem! Robert-

> How come his work and sell for 20 grand, and... well, you get it!

   Because he is an orginal genius, and those who understand
photography know it.

>I find I really notice the lack of subject in Eggleston, it's  actually >very in your face. It certainly wouldn't be very interesting  if that's >all that was going on, however.

   I do  not see a "lack of subject" in Mr. Eggleston's pictures. It's
a different way of seeing.

> This house is in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. But it  sure looks like >Memphis to me!

  What's Memphis got to do with it ? W.E.'s pics look the same
whether he is in Mississsippi, Berlin, Egypt, New Mexico, etc.
They're not about locales.

                                    --- Luis.