Re: Help: Pricing Question ;o)

Qkano <wildimages@lineone.net> writes:

> What sort of fee should I be asking for single use (order of
> magnitude) in the UK?
> I don't want to put them off, neither do I want to price myself out of
> the market  ;o)

You've had one or two practical figures, which is useful. If possible, I
would try to find out if they have a standard rate they expect to pay.
If they offer you, and it's reasonable, just accept. If unreasonable,
you can laugh in their faces and feel good about it. If you start by
naming a sum, then if they say "fine", you'll always have this nagging
feeling you could have asked for more, and if they say "We can't afford
*that*" somehow it's you left with egg on your face.

<utterly irrelevant>A friend of mine once went for an interview for a
job with Sony - some sort of manual "editing" or somesuch. They asked
her how much she was being paid in her existing job (some other large
corporation)? She told them. "Ah, well, we wouldn't be able to pay you
as much as that. ... but, ... you'd be working for *Sony*... ^_^

<separate question>
How recent is a recent self portrait? Last year?

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
http://imaginatorium.org/