Re: Help: Pricing Question ;o)

> I would try to find out if they have a standard rate they expect to
pay.
> If they offer you, and it's reasonable, just accept.
In hindsight I guess that would have been a better tactic.
The enquirer did not allude to "standard terms" but asked for mine.
As you say, if they had offered sommat worthwhile I would not have
argued.
However, I suspect thier offer would not have got my attention ...

> If unreasonable,
> you can laugh in their faces and feel good about it.

>If you start by naming a sum, then if they say "fine", you'll always
have this nagging
> feeling you could have asked for more,
Fortunately I'm not blessed with that mind set.
If I name a figure I'm happy with then I'm happy with it.
I would not get upset if I found out later I could have asked 10X ...

> and if they say "We can't afford
> *that*" somehow it's you left with egg on your face.
Yes, maybe ... the truth is I don't really care either way.
For the mere possibility (no guarantee) of only 100 dollars say , I
could not be arsed to write the CD, write the letter, post it etc etc
etc.

Money is not the issue:  for most people here I'd happily send a scan
to make a print for free.  For a charity I would be only after minimal
costs.  But for 250,000 copies of a magazine ... I don't need the dosh
that much.

> <utterly irrelevant>A friend of mine once went for an interview for
> job with Sony - some sort of manual "editing" or somesuch. They
asked
> her how much she was being paid in her existing job (some other
large
> corporation)? She told them. "Ah, well, we wouldn't be able to pay
you
> as much as that. ... but, ... you'd be working for *Sony*... ^_^
Tales like that do exist, they are not all urban legends.
Some soccer clubs (for instance) pay low wages but know people want to
be associated with them.

While on Soccer:
Well done to the USA team ... good performance and, as the Irish Team
said, "no regrets".
The World Cup really is a WORLD cup ... On the day the USA looked the
better side but, being soccer, that don't mean you win.

I don't know if anyone from PF got to any of the matches (Chandler?
;o) or any shots of the fans ... but if they have i lookk forward to
seeing them.

Bob