Re: "Magical thinking"

> > But then it would not be water! It would be ice! All water is
still wet.
> .
> hmmm, not sure of this -what is Murcury when it becomes solid?  or
Gallium
> when liquified?  Or Alcohol when it freezes?

Ice is a form of water ... it all depends where you look for the
definition.
OED:  ice:  "frozen water" but water all the same

Why do we use wetting agents if water IS wet?

To me the phrase "water is wet" is absurd.  Wet is the property of
something in contact with or containing (as a sponge) water.
Water is water.  Wet is wetted by a liquid - often but not always
water.
Some substances in contact with water are not wetted ...

Bob

Does a bear sh*t in the woods?
maybe ... but on a visit to a zoo I found not always ...
nor does every turd in the woods imply bears ....