Re: jpeg files for clients

Emily writes.......

 If you're in business as a photographer, it's best to know how to be
> businesslike in all your dealings.

Hi, Emily!  While all your info was good advice and much appreciated, I have
seen professional, ethical photographers that have been doing this for years
still get ripped off by trusted clients.  Copyright is a nice word....and
legally it should cover you if you have done all the so called
"paperwork".......however, it is a drawn out process when you find a client
violating your copyright.  I would rather be out photographing than playing
lawyer.  Yes, I appreciate the fact that it is a necessary evil, and I do
all the paperwork, but I don't like it and I want to SAFELY get away from
paper proofs in specific areas of my photography.

Thank you all for the comments.  So far, I have found that Brian is
absolutely correct in his assessment.

Cheers!
Colette