Re: Better, consistent instrumentation for postgreSQL using a similar API as Oracle

Em ter., 5 de out. de 2021 às 01:04, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
As for Jeff Holt, I believe that a person of his stature needs to be
taken seriously and not lectured "how are things done in Postgres
community". I  am rather confused by the thinly veiled hostility toward
Oracle. In my opinion, Postgres community should be rather welcoming to
Oracle people like Frits Hoogland, Frank Pachot or Jeff Holt.
I think that you're a little mistaken, the hostility of the "gurus" is not exactly against Oracle guys,
but rather towards anyone who is not a "committer".
Just follow the pgsql-hackers list, and you'll see that newbies are very unwelcome,
whether they're really newbies like me, or they're really teachers.

regards,
Ranier Vilela