Re: Better, consistent instrumentation for postgreSQL using a similar API as Oracle

Comments in-line:

On 10/5/21 04:26, Laurenz Albe wrote:
 have never heard of Jeff Holt, but then there are a lot of wonderful
and smart people I have never heard of.  I tend to be respectful in
my conversation, regardless if I know the other person or not.

That much is apparent. However, that's no excuse.

Haughty lectures about "Oracle has it" not being good enough could
hardly be more out of place here.
I have no idea how you arrive at the conclusion that I was delivering
a haughty lecture.  Somebody asked if PostgreSQL would consider applying
patches he is ready to write, somebody who seems not to be familiar
with the way PostgreSQL development works, so I tried to give helpful
pointers.

Your tone of voice did. Plus, you took it on yourself to explain "how things are done in the Postgres community".  I always use hints and Josh Berkus as an example "how things are done in the Postgres community" and why is the Postgres progress so slow. You have just provided me another perfect example of the "community spirit".

To put it as politely as is possible in this case, shut your pie hole.
I think you have just disqualified yourself from taking part in this
conversation.  I recommend that you don't embarrass Jeff Holt by trying
to champion him.
If you are under impression that I want to take part in a conversation, then you're sorely mistaken. And I have to adjust my style of writing to make things even more clear. As for Jeff, I don't need to 'champion him'. He did that all by himself. In his place, I would simply ignore both this topic and you, Mr. Postgres Community.
--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant