Re: "PAM Central", was Re: Order of executing modules, etc.

Le mer 19/03/2003 à 16:25, John M. Taylor Jr. a écrit :

[snip]

> I propose that pam.sourceforge.net become THE central site for PAM
> source and docs. If you have an improved version of pam_foo.so, commit
> it. If you have written a new pam_bar.so, add it. You say you finally
> got all the pam modules to build clean under Solaris _n? Post your notes
> in a forum, or better yet, commit your changes to the pam config files
> so nobody else has to figure this out...again. And use the pam-announce
> forum to let everybody else know about your contribution.
>
> I'm not committed to SourceForge, it could be somewhere else.
> But it would be great if I could refer to one place for everything.
> I know *I* would use it.
>
> And hey, in case I am clueless, and such a place already exists, could
> some kind soul please let me, and everybody on this list, and the folks
> over on pam.sourceforge.net know?
>
> Comments? (Clues? :)

Yes, I totally agree with you,
one place to find modules, docs etc.. would be great.
but, the problem is that the politic of sourceforge is bad (just read
their licence).
And, even if I'm look for such a place, I'll never release my modules on
the sourceforge webpage because of their polotic (the licence of your
program can be owned by sourceforge regardless the licence, you agree
for that when clicking on "I agree".

Maybe we should ask the kernel.org webmaster to have a place on their
server, which is more appropriated.

--
Sébastien Tricaud <stricaud@xxxxxxxx>