"PAM Central", was Re: Order of executing modules, etc.

Hi,

Am I the only one (apparently not, see below) who has been burned a couple of times by downloading and spending a lot of time compiling and installing a module only to find out that it is deprecated and has been replaced by a newer version which is located on somebody's obscure home page? Or at least the instructions for building and/or installing it are occult?

Recent examples discussed on this list:
  pam_mount vs. pam_mount
  pam_netgroups vs. pam_netgroups vs pam_netgroup
  pam_listfiles vs. pam_listfiles

I propose that pam.sourceforge.net become THE central site for PAM source and docs. If you have an improved version of pam_foo.so, commit it. If you have written a new pam_bar.so, add it. You say you finally got all the pam modules to build clean under Solaris _n? Post your notes in a forum, or better yet, commit your changes to the pam config files so nobody else has to figure this out...again. And use the pam-announce forum to let everybody else know about your contribution.

I'm not committed to SourceForge, it could be somewhere else.
But it would be great if I could refer to one place for everything.
I know *I* would use it.

And hey, in case I am clueless, and such a place already exists, could some kind soul please let me, and everybody on this list, and the folks over on pam.sourceforge.net know?

Comments? (Clues? :)

best regards,

--johnT
John Taylor
Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
200 Regency Forest Dr.
Cary, NC 27511 USA
+1 919 481 6835

Lukas Kubin wrote:
Thank you for the answer. But could you tell me what version we are
talking about and where did yout get it from? I've tried 0.5.10-3 from
debian and 0.5.11 compiled from original sources from
http://www.flyn.org/projects/pam_mount/
Both have the "auth" module included in their README and both of them
doesn't work without it. Ie. I can't place the pam_mount.so to "session"
module only.

lukas