RE: using gdb to debug a 64-bit kernel

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Prabhunath G wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
>         Can you please share the writeup that you have written to use gdb to debug a
> running kernel for
>         a 32-bit system.
>
> Thanks,
> Prabhu

  and this is where it gets awkward since, as i've mentioned before,
i'm currently trying to *sell* an inexpensive, online course for a lot
of this stuff and if i point people to where a lot of it still exists
online, they might be less inclined to register for the course.

  but since i wrote that original content to be published freely, you
can find that post here:

http://www.linux.com/learn/linux-training/33991-the-kernel-newbie-corner-kernel-and-module-debugging-with-gdb

i'm reusing a lot of that existing content in my course, but i'm
adding a fair bit and updating a lot of it so (obligatory marketing
here) you'd still get a lot more value out of the current, online
course.  but since i've talked about my course before, i'll shut up
about it now.  check out that column from last year, and see what you
thine

  in the meantime, i'm still playing to see what effect running on a
64-bit system has to all of that.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca