Re: Analyzing Linux Kernel

>I'm trying to analyze the performance of Linux Kernel.
>I need to compare this with VxWorks performance.
>I guess this is broad problem area, but i would like to start off somewhere on this.

Indeed, this is a very broad subject and can cost you weeks of workload.

You, already got a lot of suggestions from the group and if you are
brave enough I guess you are on the job.

But, if I were you I would call Wind River. They are selling both vxWorks and Linux.
If you use professionally vxWork call your support Engineer. If not just call them.
They have benchmarked both and can give you an idea in 20 minutes. Your boss
will be more than happy to get this info so quickly.

After you made, roughly your mind you can look at specifics in a more efficient way

Good luck!

/Stephan.