Re: how the interrupt handler(ISR) knows the source of interrupt ?

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 13:59 +0200, Ahmed S. Darwish wrote:

Well,
since the interrupts are being discussed, ia had a question bugging me
since a long time. Sometimes we have two types of interrupts...

1. Level IRQ
2. Edge trigerred IRQ

difference? AFAIK, level irq's will appear when the clock is LEVEL (now
is it the cpu clock??) And the edge triggered irq's will appear on
falling or rising edge as configured in the interrupting device. My
question was, is it the cpu clock, or the interrupting device clock
being reffered here.

so, if i have an edge triggered interrupt and my ISR looks like..

irqreturn_t my_device_isr(int irqno, void *dev_id)
{
	return IRQ_HANDLED;
}

will this do???

I dont want to do this at some place, the question is just out of
curiosity.

cheers,
sandeep