Re: Reload IPtables

On 6/27/21 2:57 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

it's very distribution specific and that's why this is likely the wrong mailing list
Yes, I understand the distribution issue; I was just pointing that out.  However, netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx appears to be the end-all and be-all of netfilter issues.  Thus, one should address this list.

Further, we should not learn just for one distro.  That would be a huge mistake.

why do you think you need a manual flush?

Because I do not have the experience regarding the internal workings of iptables/nftables in this regard.

It is very simply; does one need to flush before reloading or not?