Re: Reload IPtables

Am 27.06.21 um 22:57 schrieb slow_speed@xxxxxxx:

On 6/27/21 2:57 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

it's very distribution specific and that's why this is likely the wrong mailing list
Yes, I understand the distribution issue; I was just pointing that out. However, netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx appears to be the end-all and be-all of netfilter issues.  Thus, one should address this list.

Further, we should not learn just for one distro.  That would be a huge mistake.

exactly, but which file is where holding your config is distribution specific unless you ignore all that stuff and start standing on your own feet

why do you think you need a manual flush?

Because I do not have the experience regarding the internal workings of iptables/nftables in this regard.

It is very simply; does one need to flush before reloading or not?

no and the word "reload" is simply wrong
you *load* a saved rulestate as you do at boot time