Re: Reload IPtables

Am 27.06.21 um 20:32 schrieb slow_speed@xxxxxxx:
As it turns out, I am learning two ways at once.  One is my desktop computer running Debian 10 which used nftables (and I believe nftables-persistent is built-in to the nftables mechanism).  The other is a little Raspian server which is based on Debian 10, but does not use nftables.

it's very distribution specific and that's why this is likely the wrong mailing list

In the second case, one must reload iptables when changes are made to it.  If I correctly understand, one must use sudo iptables -F

why do you think you need a manual flush?

followed by sudo iptables-restore < /etc/iptables.up.rules (or wherever they are).  Doesn't it need the little left arrow/less-than sign?  Does that sound correct?
why don't you at least show at the help output?

how does adding "<" make sense when the last param is already a file path?

[root@srv-rhsoft:~]$ iptables-restore --help
Usage: iptables-restore [-c] [-v] [-V] [-t] [-h] [-n] [-T table] [-M command] [-4] [-6] [file]
           [ --counters ]
           [ --verbose ]
           [ --version]
           [ --test ]