Re: Reload IPtables

Am 25.06.21 um 23:30 schrieb slow_speed@xxxxxxx:
I do not believe it is something one would use a script for. Rather, there should be a way to reload the information into memory without having to reboot.

why would you ever reboot a linux system for something trivial than exchange, reset or realod iptables?

* you have your ruleset
* you have saved it
* just load it

"/usr/sbin/iptables-nft-restore /etc/sysconfig/iptables" or "iptables-restore" or "iptables-legacy-restore"

there is no difference doing that at boot or any moment in time