Re: ipt to nft translation - udp checksum fill

> Its the same as with ebtables/iptables, if you accept in ebtables
> INPUT you can still drop in iptables INPUT.
>
> You can keep the policy at drop, sure, but you'll need to add
> accept rule(s) for the traffic you want to accept.
Hmm, I see. So any traffic policies in the bridge family are ranking
below policies of the inet family. Tell you the truth I had hoped that
there was no not such ranking and everything belonging to the bridge
could be tidied up there. Perhaps for someone having used ebt prior that
would be the logical conclusion but for the less exposed it might be
helpful to have this pointed in the wiki/man.

Now though, having moved the rules from bridge to inet (and working
then), it requires additional string 'meta iifname br*' in the inet
family to condition the bridge family, which feels cumbersome when
everything bridge could have been neatly stored/handled there.

I am sure that a lot of thought by professional people has gone into
that scheme just from a layman's perspective it does not seem logical.
Also considering that policies from the netdev family are not superseded.

Anyway, thank you very much indeed for the speedy input/assistance which
helped to grasp some NFT basics. Exited to utilize now. Speed of atomic
rule replacement is impressive and I like the the meter feature, among
others. Keep up the good work please!