Re: nft version (change) history and implementation status

Perhaps to better illustrate the matter. Since I am utilizing unbound
resolver the first thing I do when an update becomes available I head
over to their web space (unbound.net) and there is a news section on the
right hand, similar to netfilter on their left, but the difference being
that clicking |more| on the unbound release news it provides instant
information about changes, bug fixes and new features. That is something
imperative for a user to know in order to utilize the app as best as
possible and to adapt to whatever changes, particularly syntax, the new
release brings.

Such does not happen with netfilter news - it leads to version number,
release date, tarball and gpg signature and that it is, leaving one
guessing of what changes were made on each version bump.
Case in point is the raw payload notion becoming available with version
0.8.3. Where would one find such information?

Imho I would reckon that making such information readily available would
help the promotion of NFT with users perhaps yet reticent to make the
transition from ipt.

On the other subject about the developer's statement - I am not aware of
how he arrived at such conclusion and I certainly would like to counter
it. Is NFT not being frequently security audited/reviewed since being
part of the kernel for over 4 years now? That statement is certainly not
promoting NFT.