nft version (change) history and implementation status

Hi,

looked at the NFT homepage and its wiki and also run an inet search
"nftables version history/list" and came up all but empty. Is there are
place for the layman to read/access the NFT release history and to see
what are the changes between the version bumps?

Asking about implementation - recently I had discussion with a developer
about their product support for NFT and been told that:

quote
we can’t actually make use of nftables until it’s reviewed for security
and has a LTS commitment from Canonical (is promoted to |main|). Until
such time, .. and ... cannot depend or recommend it at the packaging
level, even if we did add support for it in the upstream code.

unquote

I found this rather astonishing considering that NFT is said to be
available upstream since Linux kernel 3.13 (JAN 19 2014) and it
certainly confuses me about NFT security and LTS commitment.