Re: System becomes unresponsive due to kernel oops (IP: dev_queue_xmit+0x256/0x3f4)

On 05-11-2014 14:33, prasad zambare wrote:
Hi All,

With 2.6.39 kernel and e1000e I had no luck and again the system gets
unresponsive. This time the change is I got "Kernel: Disabling IRQ
#57" message which is repeated for numbers 51, 48, 54. cat
/proc/interrupts shows these numbers are associated with configured
network interfaces. This time I did not get serial console logs as I
made a mistake while connecting serial console. Tomorrow I will again
try to reproduce this issue with proper serial console setup.

Now I not sure if this is the same issue or I have hit a new one.
Please share your views on this tryout.

If you're deploying a custom kernel, what stops you from trying a newer one, like 3.17? :)

Marcelo