Re: ipporthash, ipportiphash, ipportnethash problems

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010, Mr Dash Four wrote:

> There is another issue I found when using ipmap sets: when I execute, for
> example, "ipset -N port-map ipmap --from 10 --to 30000" and then add an
> element "ipset -A port-map 20" the two statements are accepted without any
> error given (they shouldn't be as the map defined is an IP map, not a port map
> and the values submitted are numbers, not IP addresses)!
>
> When I issue "ipset -L port-map" I get:
>
> Header: from: 0.0.0.10 to: 0.0.117.48
> members:
> 0.0.0.20
>
> Is this deliberate or a bug?

Whatever name has got the set, the type what counts. So if it is defined
as an ipmap type, then the system tries to interpret the input parameters
as IP addresses. "10" and "20", etc are strange-looking, but valid IP
addresses :-)

Best regards,
Jozsef
-