IPv6 project for Linux kernel

Hello!

I am looking for advice. I have to write programming project that is
related to IPv6 and I decided to do something for Linux (as I learn
Linux kernel actually it would be nice if it was something related to
kernel code as well). At first I`ve been thinking about some NAT-PT
(IPv4-IPv6) implementation for Linux,
but exploring Internet I realized that such a projects have already
been done so now I am not sure what would be better: thinking about
some other idea or trying to do the same but in better way (maybe such
NAT-PT can be implemented only as a kernel module?). I just would like
to ask You for opinions. Maybe some of You know some other aspect of
IPv6 protocol that would be worth coding for Linux? I appreciate every
suggestion from You.

Lukasz