Re: ipporthash, ipportiphash, ipportnethash problems

Thanks for the complete description - I have just released ipset 4.4 which fixes this nasty bug.
No worries - I was surprised to find it as ipporthash in particular should have been widely used in practice. As for ipportiphash and ipportnethash - there were recently included in the distribution due to another bug I found when compiling xtables (even though ipportiphash and ipportnethash were compiled the .ko files were never included in the final release making it impossible to use these two construct types).

A couple of questions and ideas for future releases:

1. Normally I used to get ipset as part of the xtables source. Is that still the case or do I have to download the ipset source and compile it separately to get the latest changes you made? 2. Related to that question - I used to get the xtables .src.rpm from which to compile the code and make an installation rpm. I don't seem to be able to do that any longer as all fedora repos are too slow to update the latest changes. Do you have a link from which I could get the latest changes in ipset/xtables in src.rpm which allows me to build an installation rpm. The reason I am asking this is because I am building an update images on all my machines (using kickstart) and need the installation rpms with the latest changes you made. Compiling this from source won't be possible as there is now way I could install this as part of the image-building process.

I think you mentioned that in future releases the restrictions on all *hash constructs (with regards to using /16 - B class - IP addresses) will be removed. Could you confirm that is still the case?

Would it be possible to include a new construct - IP,port,IP,port (without IP address restriction) - and how difficult is this to implement?

Similar question - would it be possible to include protocol (either by name or its number) as part of all available constructs for matching? The reason for this is that, as it stands, in order for me to match, say, "IP,port" hosts form my personal VPN I need to use two separate sets - one for UDP and one for TCP and I also to create two separate statements for iptables (one for tcp and one for udp), which is a bit of a waste and not very easy to administer. It would be nice if I could use "IP,protocol", "port,protocol", "IP,port,protocol", "IP,port,IP,protocol", "IP,port,IP/cidr,protocol" and so forth.