Re: Using IPTables to route both dynamic local address and static addresses provided by ISP?

Hello,

Gregory Ray a écrit :
> I am running iptables as a dhcp router from a pppoe connection

Iptables is neither a router nor a DHCP server. Do you mean "I am
running a Linux box working as a DHCP server and as a router" ?

> can I have it route the standard local ips to the
> workstations but also have my other servers utilize the static ips
> available in the block from my isp?

Sure. I suppose that the privante addresses are masqueraded with the
PPPoE public address. For the public static block, you have two options.

1) Assign private addresses to the servers and use DNAT+SNAT to create
1:1 mapppings with public addresses from the static block.

2) Assign public addresses from the static block to the servers.

Are the servers and workstations on the same LAN ?
What is the size of the public static block and how many public servers
do you have ?