how to clean up old entries from ipt_recent ?

Hello Pascal,

I don't know if I should create a new thread or continue with this one.
But this is a new issue though a continuation of ipt_recent and blacklist.
My script to show the blacklisted ip is running well. During my
experiment with blacklist I have found that blacklisted ips are still
there at

/proc/net/ipt_recent/blacklist

Even after the blacklist interval the client can access the server
successfully; the server still shows the client ip as blacklisted.
Definately the ip can be removed or "clear" as described in the man page
but storing the ip permanently at  /proc/net/ipt_recent/blacklist  is
very confusing.  How can you then check if the ip is still blacklisted
or able to communicate with the server in real-life  ?