Re: How to view blacklist ip ?

J. Bakshi wrote:
> Pascal Hambourg wrote:
>
>> J. Bakshi a écrit :
>>

>>> # cat /proc/net/ipt_recent/blacklist
>>>
>>> src=183.131.207.0 ttl: 0 last_seen: 4298214902 oldest_pkt: 1 4298214902
>>> src=240.168.95.31 ttl: 0 last_seen: 4298214902 oldest_pkt: 1 4298214902
>>>

>> [...]
>>

>>> And If I try to remove a line it reports
>>>
>>> ```````````````
>>> WARNING: The file has been changed since reading it!!!
>>> Do you really want to write to it (y/n)?
>>> `````````````````
>>>
>>> A yes puts me again into the file. and it is recursive.
>>>

>> You are not supposed to open this pseudo-file and remove lines with a
>> text editor, you are supposed to *write* commands (e.g. with echo) into
>> it as indicated in the manpage. This is not a real file but an interface
>> to the kernel.
>>

> Hello,
>
> Yes, I have found the specific section in the man page and it is
> successully do the job as described. Now I can modify my script
> accordingly to do the job.
> Thanks a lot for he right direction.
> wish you a nice time.

Hello Pascal,

I don't know if I should create a new thread or continue with this one.
But this is a new issue though a continuation of ipt_recent and blacklist.
My script to show the blacklisted ip is running well. During my
experiment with blacklist I have found that blacklisted ips are still
there at

/proc/net/ipt_recent/blacklist

Even after the blacklist interval the client can access the server
successfully; the server still shows the client ip as blacklisted.
Definately the ip can be removed or "clear" as described in the man page
but storing the ip permanently at  /proc/net/ipt_recent/blacklist  is
very confusing.  How can you then check if the ip is still blacklisted
or able to communicate with the server in real-life  ?