Re: Why would certain packets not reach nat PREROUTING chain?

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 12:00:17PM +0100, Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:
> > > Without further aid, no.
> > Okay, so I've rebuilt 2.6.8 with NETFILTER_DEBUG=Y. What would be the next
> > step? From what I can tell, NETFILTER_DEBUG isn't something turned on and
> > off in /proc/net or /proc/sys/net, it just is "on," but I'm not quite sure
> > what sort of debug messages we should be trying to get and how.
> You should get debug messages logged with the 'kernel' syslog facility.
> Look at /var/log/kern.log.

Strangely, all that is appearing in /var/log/kern.log are my LOG targets,
in other words, exactly what I was getting with NETFILTER_DEBUG=N.

# grep NETFILTER_DEBUG /boot/config-`uname -r`
CONFIG_NETFILTER_DEBUG=y

# grep -v EEE /var/log/kern.log
<no results>

(where EEE is part of my prefix in --log-prefix for the LOG target).

> I'm going to try to emulate your problem with nfsim using your setup and
> the tcpdump results. Probably that can help.

That would be great. Thanks--
--
Adam Rosi-Kessel
http://adam.rosi-kessel.org