Re: Why would certain packets not reach nat PREROUTING chain?

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, Adam Rosi-Kessel wrote:

> >> So are there no diagnostics, absent rebuilding with netfilters debugging on,
> >> for tracing a packet in between mangle PREROUTING and nat PREROUTING?
> > Without further aid, no.
>
> Okay, so I've rebuilt 2.6.8 with NETFILTER_DEBUG=Y. What would be the next
> step? From what I can tell, NETFILTER_DEBUG isn't something turned on and
> off in /proc/net or /proc/sys/net, it just is "on," but I'm not quite sure
> what sort of debug messages we should be trying to get and how.

You should get debug messages logged with the 'kernel' syslog facility.
Look at /var/log/kern.log.

I'm going to try to emulate your problem with nfsim using your setup and
the tcpdump results. Probably that can help.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx