Re: mangle + TCP Flags

>If a module like this existed it would be a great way to violate the
>protocol and cause antisocial behaviour of your tcp stack.

Yes, I agree, but in any case there would be more efficient ways to
cause antisocial behaviour. In fact, in the beginning, my idea was to return a RST,ACK, for each SYN received on one of my closed ports, in order to make a scan tool belive that they are all open. (Perhaps it is useles but I  found the idea amusing.

>Anyway such a module is not difficult to write. So it is possible, but
>nor the iptables package and the kernel, nor patch-o-matic
>do not contain such a module.

I saw yesterday that Craig Shelley did provide such a module on the devel-list in june but I can't recover the tarball he sended in attachment.