Re: DNS with iptables

On Friday 05 December 2003 2:31 pm, Centkowski, Peter (SSFB) wrote:

> Helo

220  :)

> Kann ich statt IP-Adresse auch ein Name in Iptables verwenden?

Yes, you can use both hostnames and IP addresses in netfilter rules, however
any hostnames are resolved to an address only once, when you put the rule in.
You cannot get netfilter to resolve names every time it sees a packet, for
example.

> Es geht um Dyndns und damit einem Problem...

Ja, das ist ein Problem :(

Viele Grüße

Antony.

--
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no
difference, whereas in practice there is.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.