Re: mangle + TCP Flags

> >If a module like this existed it would be a great way to violate the
> >protocol and cause antisocial behaviour of your tcp stack.
>
> Yes, I agree, but in any case there would be more efficient ways to
> cause antisocial behaviour. In fact, in the beginning, my idea was to return a RST,ACK, for each SYN received on one of my closed ports, in order to make a scan tool belive that they are all open. (Perhaps it is useles but I  found the idea amusing.

Maybe TARPIT is what you need?
Adds a TARPIT target to iptables, which captures and holds incoming TCP
connections using no local per-connection resources.  Connections are
accepted, but immediately switched to the persist state (0 byte window),
in which the remote side stops sending data and asks to continue every
60-240 seconds.  Attempts to close the connection are ignored, forcing the
remote side to time out the connection in 12-24 minutes.

--
Damjan Georgievski
jabberID: damjan@xxxxxxxxxxxx