Re: chance to impress the suits

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:21:02 -0600 (CST),
Jason <baker@cyborgworkshop.com> wrote in message
<Pine.LNX.4.50.0302271518100.19962-100000@alfred.home.cyborgworkshop.co
m>:

> They need a bigger box.   The whole app on their end is 6 boxes,  two
> front end web servers, two application servers and then the database.
> They upgraded the database, which used to be the bottleneck, and we
> then maxed out their web servers. They upgraded their web servers and
> now we max out their app servers. They have more hardware on order,
> but Sun is claiming a month lead time for Sunfires.  But I figure in
> the meantime, this should work out pretty well.

..ok, I'm still deep in the dark:  How is a bigger set of iron, that can
spew _more_ connections, gonna help avoid the authorized dos attack???

..the 6-too-small-boxes understands ipcm, and will back off when you
drop packages or connection?

..I _think_ a _short!_ timeout on these connections, could work.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: