Re: Consequences

G'day Andre.

For the past few months I have been writing my firewall from scratch.
It was a painstaking exercise working line for line but I learnt alot.
With my userdefine chains and the methods/rules applied on them they are
correct as far as what I wanted to achieve and syntactically sound.

I bet that using a new grep rule to capture info on eth0 and fixing the
initialisation and setting some policy to ACCEPT would solve my
problems.

At the moment I just execute the script from a virtual console and all
works as expected.  I test the netwrok with nmap and the ports that I
expected filtered are filtered.

Santos.
That's why I love number theory: it's akin to gazing at the heavens.