Re: Performance issue due to constant "modprobes"

> Yep, now I just see an attempt to modprobe "ip_set" (under limited
> circumstances), which seems reasonable given that I am on 2.6.38 and
> this isn't compiled in (nor is it a module)

> That said, I'm also slightly baffled where it's getting probed since I
> patched out xtables.c/xtables_load_ko(). ÂThe modprobe call doesn't have
> a -q on it, so I suspect somehow it might be the kernel or something
> else calling it?

Yeah, that's getting modprobe'd by the kernel.
But that shouldn't happen (after both my patches are applied) unless
you actually try to use it, so what are you doing to cause that to
happen? ie. there should not be any attempted loads of ip_set without
"iptables -m set" being called (or equivalent).

- Maciej