Re: Performance issue due to constant "modprobes"

On 19/04/2011 10:03, Maciej Åenczykowski wrote:
> And the "Don't load ip6?_tables module when already loaded" patch is
> now available in upstream git...
>
> That patch combined with my previous patch should solve all your woes.
> If they don't... let me know.

Yep, now I just see an attempt to modprobe "ip_set" (under limited
circumstances), which seems reasonable given that I am on 2.6.38 and
this isn't compiled in (nor is it a module)

That said, I'm also slightly baffled where it's getting probed since I
patched out xtables.c/xtables_load_ko().  The modprobe call doesn't have
a -q on it, so I suspect somehow it might be the kernel or something
else calling it?

It's an acceptable casualty for the moment though...

Thanks for your interest and looking into this - big increase in
performance!

Cheers

Ed W