Re: RFC: net/netfilter reorganization

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
Hm I just noticed a not-nice kconfig behavior.

If I have a .config with

	TARGET_CTMARK=m
	MATCH_CTMARK=m
	# BOTH_CTMARK not listed at all

and a Kconfig file with

	config TARGET_CTMARK
		tristate
		select BOTH_CTMARK
	config MATCH_CTMARK
		tristate
		select BOTH_CTMARK
	config BOTH_CTMARK
		tristate "shiny new module"

Then oldconfig will still ask me to choose [N/m] for BOTH_CTMARK. Only if I use

	config TARGET_CTMARK
		tristate "foo"
		select BOTH_CTMARK
	config MATCH_CTMARK
		tristate "bar"
		select BOTH_CTMARK
	config BOTH_CTMARK
		tristate "shiny new module"

i.e. add strings, it will proceed without asking me anything. Meh that's bad. I can think of odd workarounds like

	config TARGET_CTMARK
		tristate "shiny new module"
	config MATCH_CTMARK
		select BOTH_CTMARK
	config BOTH_CTMARK
		select TARGET_CTMARK

but that looks a bit odd. Requesting more comments.

That should be fine though since the old options already exist
(in most cases)?

BTW, does it make any difference if you add a dependency
on TARGET_CTMARK || MATCH_CTMARK?