Re: in mips how to change the start address to the new second boot loader ?

Hi,

Le Tuesday 21 April 2009 16:20:48 nagalakshmi veeramallu, vous avez écrit :
> Hi,
> will this approach work? if i used "start" environmental variable will it
> go to new boot loader address directly.

Yamon also has a start environnment variable which is used to do something
without user-intervention. I do not know cmon, but assuming it behaves
similarly, you might want to set the start variable to something like: "go
0xdeadbeef". And make sure your code starts at 0xdeadbeef for instance.

That way, you keep cmon on the flash and use it to jump to an arbitrary
location, which is anyway, what would be done if you used cmon to boot Linux
for instance.

--
Best regards, Florian Fainelli
Email : florian@xxxxxxxxxxx