Re: in mips how to change the start address to the new second boot loader ?

Either you have control of what is in the boot ROM at 0x1fc00000 or you do not.  If you have control, you can do whatever you like - read switches, reference environment variables stored in FLASH somehow, whatever - to decide how you want to proceed.  But it's your problem to know where the switches are, where and how the NVRAM is to be accessed and interpreted, etc.  If you do not have control over the code at 0x1fc00000, you need to find out what options it provides, either by RTFM or by reverse engineering.

There is no magic here, just low-level, brute-force programming.

          Regards,

          Kevin K.

nagalakshmi veeramallu wrote:
Hi,
will this approach work? if i used "start" environmental variable will it go to new boot loader address directly.

Regards,
Lucky

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 15:46, nagalakshmi veeramallu
> hi,
>          --          if we set environmental variable “start” as “go
> new_address”, will it go directly to the new bootloader in the next
> power-on.
> what about using system environmental "start" ,can you tell me at which
> context after power on environmental variables come onto picture.

Environment variables are parsed by the boot loader, whose code resides at,
guess what, 0x1fc00000...

--
Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                               Geert